How to move your website and domain away from Yell.com
Starting the domain transfer process
The following instructions are for clients who need to request the transfer of their domain name from Yell.com to BubbleWebs. It is a very simple process indeed but if you have any problems at all then please get in touch. Yell.com or Yellow Pages may also be referred to as Hibu.
Adding an authorised person
The Yell account holder must be the person who calls them to cancel your website with Yell and initiate the domain transfer. However, if you add the name Colin Smith (with the email address firstname.lastname@example.org) as an authorised person to your account then we may then be able to contact Yell on your behalf and do some things for you.
The process is as follows
- Have your Yell account number to hand
- Call their technical team on 0800 555 444 (option 3)
- Cancel your website package with them – they will email confirmation
- Request a domain name transfer – they will email confirmation requesting an IPS tag
- Add the name Colin Smith (email address email@example.com) to your Yell account
- Reply to the email with the IPS tag “GODADDY“
- Please notify us as soon as this has been done.
Yell.com often change their procedures and so if you notice anything in the above instructions is not correct then please let us know so that we can update it. As always, if you need any assistance during the process just give us a call or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Important information about your email service**
If Yell.com provide an email service for you (eg email@example.com emails via webmail) then as soon as the domain is transferred then your emails will stop working and you may no longer be able to access past emails which are stored online. Please ensure that you inform us if you have an email service provided by Yell before initiating the transfer so that we can advise you on how best to proceed.